Frequently Asked Questions
How do I contact Customer Care?
We are happy to answer your questions around products, orders or any other inquiries relating to davidoffgeneva.com. You can contact us via the following channels.
By Phone: 1(844)878-2727 (toll-free)
Our customer care agents are available Monday – Friday from 10AM – 5PM EST.
By Email: email@example.com
Email inquiries will be answered within 24 hours from Monday – Friday or on the next business day.
How do I place an order?
To place an order on davidoffgeneva.com you need to set up an account and provide relevant information during check-out so that we can process your order.
To setup an account you can either:
- click on the ‘My Account’ icon at the top right of your screen
- wait for the prompt when you are proceeding to check out.
Please make sure that you provide an up-to-date email address as well as an accurate date of birth to ensure a smooth ordering process.
The check-out process consists of 5 steps. Please make sure you enter all mandatory information accurately to check-out as fast as possible.
1. Shipping Address
- The residential or business address you want your order shipped to
- If you have saved a shipping address previously you can select this address by simply clicking on it.
- Otherwise, please enter a new Shipping Address
- Please include a company name or any additional information for addresses that may not be your primary residence to ensure accurate delivery
- You can opt to save your shipping address for future use
- Upon clicking ‘Continue’ You may be prompted to verify the address you entered either
- Continue with the address you entered
- Select a more accurate address as suggested by UPS
- You may be alerted that certain products on your order may not be eligible to ship to the specified address (see Destinations and Restrictions). You will have the opportunity to either
- Change your shipping address
- Continue checking out without the specified products
- Your shopping cart will be updated in regards to tax and order total if applicable
2. Shipping Method
Based on your shipping address you will be offered various UPS shipping methods. You will see the following information:
- The name of the UPS service
- The associated Shipping & Handling cost
- An estimated delivery date as provided by UPS based on your shipping address
Select your desired option and click ‘Continue’.Your shopping cart will be updated in regards to Shipping & Handling, tax and order total if applicable.
3. Payment Method & Billing Address (1)
You will be presented with two options to specify a payment method for your order:
- A. use a credit card that you have previously saved
- Simply click on the card you want to use
- Ensure the card is still valid
- Upon clicking you will go directly to step 5 of the checkout process
- B. Set-up a new credit card
- You can choose to use your Shipping Address as your Billing Address or enter a new billing address
- Ensure that the Billing Address you specify matches the new credit card to be set up in the next step
- Click ‘Continue with new Payment Method’
4. Payment Method & Billing Address (2)
- Enter all mandatory information for your credit card
- You can opt to save your payment method for future use
5. Final Review
This is the final step before submitting your order. Please review:
- All items and quantities that you have ordered
- All charges
- Make sure you tick the box to accept the Terms & Conditions.
What is the status of my order?
Once you have placed an order on davidoffgeneva.com you will be able to track progress on the Order History page in the My Account section. There you will be able to review all of your current and past orders.
The Order Status will show one of the following values:
- Processing: your order has been received and we are preparing it for shipment
- Shipped: the order has left our warehouse and you will have received a shipping confirmation via email including a UPS tracking number
- Delivered: according to our information the order has been delivered to its final destination
- Cancelled: the order has been cancelled by a customer care agent and you will have received either a confirmation via email or both a verbal confirmation by customer care and an email
Once you have received our Shipping Confirmation email you will be able to track the delivery status of your order via the UPS tracking number that’s available in the email as well as the Order History and Order Details Page.
What are your Shipping Policies?
We process and ship orders Monday-Friday until 3pm EST. We do not ship or process orders on Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays. Orders received outside of our shipping hours will be processed and shipped on the following business day.
SHIPPING METHODS, TIMING AND PRICING
All orders are shipped via UPS. Availability of certain services may be restricted for some shipping addresses.
Delivery times below are averages. Estimated delivery dates shown during the ordering process stated are real-time estimates from UPS based on the shipping destination (ZIP or street address) and the selected service. Estimated delivery dates are not guaranteed and subject to carrier terms & conditions.
Delivery times are based on the Shipping Hours and are subject to payment approval.
Fees include shipping & handling cost and may be subject to Tax.
1-6 Business Days
UPS 3 Day Select
3 Business Days
UPS 2nd Day Air
2 Business Day
UPS Next Day Air Saver
1 Business Day
UPS Next Day Air
1 Business Day, Morning Delivery
DESTINATIONS & RESTRICTIONS
We ship to the contiguous United States, Alaska and Hawaii. We currently do not ship to PO Boxes, APO/FPO addresses, and US Territories.
Due to federal and state legislation not all products may be available in all states.
- Cigarillos may not ship to the following states:
In order to comply with such legislation any restricted products will be removed from your shopping cart during check-out or an alternative shipping address must be provided.
Orders with an order value of $200 or more before taxes and any other fees are eligible for UPS Ground Shipping at $0. UPS Ground Shipping may not be available to all destinations, see checkout for availability.
Do you collect Tax?
Items sold on davidoffgeneva.com and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:
- New Jersey
- New York
*Effective as of November 1, 2022
Outside of these states the purchaser is responsible for remitting any additional taxes to the appropriate taxing authority.
If an item is subject to tax in the state to which the order is shipped, tax is generally calculated on the total selling price of each individual item. In accordance with state tax laws, the total selling price of an item will generally include item-level shipping and handling charges, item-level discounts, and an allocation of order-level shipping and handling charges and order-level discounts.
Factors can change between the time you place an order and the time of credit card charge authorization, which could affect the calculation of sales taxes. The amount appearing in your shopping cart as ‘Estimated Tax’ may differ from the sales taxes ultimately charged.
We collect tobacco taxes on your purchases when required by law. Please note tobacco taxes are in addition to applicable sales tax. Items sold on us.davidoffgeneva.com and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tobacco tax:
*Effective as of November 1, 2022
Effective January 1, 2022, the State of Michigan is imposing a tax on all tobacco products delivered to Michigan customers. Premium cigars, non-premium cigars and pipe tobacco are taxed according to the Michigan Tobacco Products Tax Act PA 327 of 1993.
Effective October 16, 2019, the State of Ohio is imposing a tax on all tobacco products delivered to Ohio customers. Premium cigars, non-premium cigars and pipe tobacco are taxed according to the Ohio Code 5743.62.
Effective July 1, 2022, the Commonwealth of Virginia is imposing a tax on all tobacco products delivered to Virginia customers. Premium cigars, non-premium cigars and pipe tobacco are taxed according to the published regulation.
How do you ensure Data Security & Privacy?
davidoffgeneva.com is committed to protecting your private information. To help safeguard against unauthorized access to your personal information and to ensure that your information is used appropriately, we have put in place systems and procedures to secure the information we collect online.
We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input. This industry standard encrypts all of your information, including credit card numbers, so that it cannot be read by others as the information is exchanged via the internet.
Additionally, it is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. If you use a shared computer, be sure to sign off and close all browsers when you are finished.
How do you verify my Age?
The use of our site is restricted to adults of 21 years and older.
We use a non-affiliated third party company, Veratad Technologies, LLC, to verify your identity and to assure that you are of legal age to purchase our products.
Veratad’s AgeMatch Age Verification services use multiple trusted data sources containing billions of public records to return an age validation based on the personal information you submit. This service is specifically designed to validate and protect your identity while maintaining the highest level of consumer privacy when processing online transactions. Veratad does not store or share your data.
Upon placing your order we will query Veratad’s Age Verification services via a secure (256 bit encrypted) connection. In the rare case your identity cannot be verified using Veratad’s Age Verification services a customer care agent will attempt to contact you via the contact information you have provided in order to verify your identity.
Please note that we cannot fulfill orders without successfully verifying your age.
What is your return policy?
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may request a return via your Order History, stating the item concerned, quantity to be returned and a short comment as to why you are returning.
The following policies apply…
CIGARS, CIGARILLOS & PIPE TOBACCO
Return request needs to be submitted within 7 days of delivery date
Product was damaged or the wrong product was shipped
HUMIDORS, PIPES AND OTHER ACCESSORIES
Return request needs to be submitted within 14 days of delivery date
Product was damaged or the wrong product was shipped
Once submitted a customer care agent will review your return request and contact you within 24 hours. If approved a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#) will be issued. The RMA# needs to be included with the returned merchandise for processing.
Your credit card will be credited once the product is received and processed at our return center. All products received must be unused and shipped back in the original boxes when possible. All paperwork, parts and accessories must be included to receive credit.
Items purchased on davidoffgeneva.com cannot be returned to a Davidoff of Geneva since 1911 retail store. Items purchased in a Davidoff of Geneva since 1911 retail store cannot be returned on davidoffgeneva.com.